Monday 20 August 2012

Dieter's Delight - Grilled Paneer on a bed of sprouts

I have tried lots of ways to lose weight, but what really helped me are eating right and working out right. Having said that, it's not easy to eat right and work out always. There have been pangs of emotional eating, raiding the fridge at midnight (like Nigella - oh she has such a negative impact on weight loss), eating because you go out in a group and you can't help resist temptation (yeah OMG did that to me) and then the bakers shower their love on you by baking these wonderful cakes and you can't help but indulge. 

And suddenly, I've been seeing too many posts on weight loss and a friend also remarked that I'd gained weight :-( So, it's back to basics - firing it away on the treadmill, combined with lots of reps of Surya Namaskar, a zero-carb high-protein dinner and a bit of weight training to balance out the cardio. And Green tea with mint and a dash of lemon :-)

For a vegetarian like me, protein options are limited. Tofu (I really don't like this much), Soy milk, Sprouts and Paneer are easily available and some of the best choices when it comes to eating tasty and healthy food. 

So here's tonight's dinner

Boil sprouts in a microwave (for about 5 minutes on high). Let it cool.
Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, mint and coriander.
Add some salt to taste.
I have a taken recent liking to green tabasco. So I added a couple of drops of that.
Mix well. Rest for a few minutes.

Meantime, slice the paneer into long strips. Brush with some olive oil. I added some chilli flakes, mint, coriander and salt. (I used my MR sandwich maker, dumped these strips in there and let them grill, turning them over at regular intervals)

That's it and we are done. Happy dieting. (Warning: Do not watch Nigella's show when you eat this. I loved the coconut ice-cream she made today and was looking at my bowl of salad and shaking my head in disbelief)






4 comments:

  1. hmmm!!! the dish looks yummy...but i see that you have been influenced by too many fwd'd internet weightloss secrets- carbs as enemy/tea as savior...well to each his/her one and if this helps you to get that "ideal" figure you have in mind..let us know too..
    Ganesh
    btw, i blog here - http://audialtempartem.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ganesh - not that way. Eating anything in moderation helps. Carbs at night really don't help, at least initially. After a few weeks, I'd go with mild carbs. I always have my dinner around 730, giving it plenty of time to digest. And I eat REAL food, including ghee and butter in food. And lime, mint, ginger and honey have properties that'll help. They have been in vogue for a very long time. Adding all this to green tea will only make it beneficial :) That said, workouts are mandatory! Sedantary life never helps. :)

      Delete

Munch on....