Tuesday 18 June 2013

Brownie in a cup - Microwaved

I realized I've not been fully utilizing the microwave. I've so far used it for just re-heating dishes and steaming vegetables and at times, making pulao. I always thought I needed an OTG to make / bake certain dishes. I am not a pro baker and my portions are going to be mostly for two. There are fundamental differences in the way a microwave and an OTG operates. If we understand this, then perhaps we can work wonders (on a smaller scale, of courseAnd I will also refrain from the heated debate - is the microwave good or bad)

I've been trying to lose weight and have been moderately successful. To celebrate a milestone I made this microwave brownie (recipe adapted from Cheryl Rajkumar's Kitchen Kemistry).

The recipe itself is fairly simple and calls for ingredients that we can normally find in our kitchen - Flour, Butter, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Chocolate syrup. What I didn't have was chocolate chips. Instead, I used about 2 squares of grated Bourneville (dark). I also reduced the amount of sugar(and hoped it'd alleviate some of the sin.). The original recipe called for 11/2 minutes but mine cooked in a minute. The cooking time varies with each microwave, so it's recommended to start with a minute and increase as required.

I brought the cup and fork to my bed, sat down to message Cheryl and even before I could hit Send, I'd finished eating the brownie. It was delicious and a perfect dessert for that late night craving without having to spend too much time cleaning up.

The experiments with the microwave have begun!









5 comments:

  1. Super... N cheers to your "moderate success" :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. back to the dieter series'nu partha..eduthavudaney sinful treats..but ok...guess you have earned the right to celebrate unlike mere mortals like us

    ReplyDelete
  3. i generally do not cook in microwave so i opted for OTG Morphy richards so far it is making wonders :) good to know u lost weight ! yeah i generally do this when i have weight loss :) like cutting hair , getting chappels :) now i got a pretty material where us i am waiting for to lose the weight and stitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. It would be really useful for late night cravings. I will definitely try this recipes.
    Food Delivery in Gomtinagar

    ReplyDelete

Munch on....